Sunday, May 06, 2007

Progress

A mini-progress report for my mini-progress. I have crossed the 10K mark!

Against all odds, in this house. The other morning I got up at 6 and turned on my notebook, put some water on to boil, and wrote:

"I dreamed of a hawk, soaring like an angel of death over the valley."

BamBam appeared, and turned on the TV. I reminded him to feed the cats, and he asked me for some breakfast. I toasted a bagel, and sat back down, hands poised over the keyboard. Pebbles called out from the bedroom. I got her up and convinced her to play with toys, then I made my coffee. I sat back down, and read what I'd written. I added:

"Its shadow"

and there was a tug on my leg, accompanied by the word "MumMUM!" and a rather strong, unpleasant odor. Diaper change. Then I made lunches, woke DH, and it was time to take BamBam to the bus stop. Word count for the day: 16.

However, I have added words every day this week. Not many, but my spreadsheet has an entry for every day, and that feels good.

No comments: