Friday, August 17, 2007

It's not nice to laugh at people

So here am I, plugging away in my nifty little computer shop, when in comes a customer. No big deal, that happens all the time.

"Hello," says customer, "I need a USB extension cable."

(For those of you following along, a USB cable has both an "A" ending and a "B" ending. Extensions always plug into the "A" ending.)

"Oh yes," I say, just as pert and perky as can be, "those are right here. Six feet?"

"Mmmphm." (People say that around here, you know.) He's looking at the two ends of the cable, and looking mildly distressed. I showed him how his cable would plug right in to the end of the cable in the package. He's still not happy, I can tell.

"What's the matter?"

"Well," he says, "that's not the end of the cable I wanted to extend."

Blink.

Blink blink.

3 comments:

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

*snicker* We're you able to keep a straight face? That must have been tough!

How's the writing going?

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

Uh, just pretend that apostrophe in "we're" isn't there, okay? Whoops!

Cindy said...

Hi Renee!

I *did* manage, but only just. (G)

Writing is good. I have two WIPS, and one of them is working just now, and that's all I need. How about you?? Revisions going well? All ready for Surrey?