Monday, November 09, 2009

Because there's really only today.

Today, I will write morning pages to try to clear some of the static out of my brain. There are some family dramas that are looping through the old gray matter, and it's interfering with how much I enjoy my life. I'm a little rattled - I cannot find my center. These things shall not be tolerated!

Today I will eat a ham and swiss cheese sandwich with extra swiss. And whatever else gets in my way that looks chocolatey.

Today I will not answer any call originating from a 1-800 number. So piss off, whoever you are. I'm bloggin', heah.

Today I will remember that I am awesome - divine, even - and I expect you to remember that you are too, young lady.

Today I will remember the importance of gratitude.

Today I will reconsider the begining of the novel. I need another scene, 2-3K, to go before the graveside scene. Plus, I have not forgotten my halloween X. It's coming, promise!

3 comments:

Danica-Dragonfly said...

I don't know what's up, but if you need an ear - I am here.

I love your positive. I wish I could rub my forehead against my computer screen and have it sink through my skull.

I am drowning in self pity and misplaced aggression. sigh ... only today :)

BTW - some of us are more awesome than others ... just sayin'

Deniz Bevan said...

Great positive attitude Cindy! I've turned your post into a meme :-)

Cindy said...

Hi Leese!

Some days take a little more aggressive form of "positive." That day was one of them - I very nearly strangled a customer. I didn't - his wife was bigger than me and I was afraid of her.

Thought of you while making bread pudding with butterscotch rum-raisin sauce. Turns out, the amount of rum is highly customizable. Makes a lovely breakfast, too!