Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday Monday

Little Miss 4:30 am is asleep. Whew. I think she had some belly cramps, poor mite.

I've begun one of those chores that never seems to be completely done - I dragged out one of those plastic-drawer organizer thingies and emptied it. Why? Can't remember, now that the whole kitchen table is covered with crap I can't throw away but don't particularly want - and certainly don't need right at the moment. Oh,yeah, I thought it would make a good activity-chest. It now holds coloring/activity books and crayons, colored pencils, markers, construction paper, play-dough and accessories, paint and accessories, and craft stuff - felt, googly eyes, popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners. So that stuff is finally all in one place, and I'm not dealing with the rest until I've had some tea.

We've chosen someone to fill the soon-to-be-empty chair at work. She's from Yemen, she's bright and sweet and I'm happy.

My wee Pebbles is going to be one year old this weekend. I'm ecstatic, I'm bursting with love, I'm devastated. I'm making lasagne for fifteen - everybody has their way to deal, eh?

And in other news, guess what we did yesterday??? Hmmm??

We went to Chapters! I had gift certificates from Christmas, that's how long it's been. I bought:

Scent of Shadows - yeah, I have a copy, but nobody's allowed to touch that. (Thanks, Vicki!)
Taste of Night
Dead Witch Walking
The Virgin's Lover, Philippa Gregory
The Belly Button Book, Sandra Boynton
Franklin is Bossy
The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Chores
The Berenstain Bears - No Girls Allowed
Clap Your Hands! - an Elmo book with a puppet built in that Pebbles adores.

I accosted every salesperson who passed within ten feet of me to show them SOS and ask whether they've read it yet, and told them they absolutely must. They had a few in the stacks, and they were setting some more out on the tables by the checkout line.

Chapter three is coming along. I'm worldbuilding, (or Scottish village building, anyway) and enjoying it. My copy of A KINDLY PLACE? LIVING IN SIXTEENTH-CENTURY SCOTLAND is coming in very handy. Off to snatch a few moments now.

No comments: