Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Speaking to Strangers

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is, I wrote 3227 words yeaterday. The bad news is that it wasn't a part of any current WIP. New stuff, words on paper, yes. Productive? Not so much. Fun, yes. Indicative of my committment to my novel? Nunh Unh.

But it was fun, and if I can, I'll do it again today.

What happened? There was a stranger standing at the periphery of my vision. I kept catching glimpses of her, and I knew she wanted me to follow her. I don't usually do that, I can't go following every spirit that pops in to say hello. The reason I did it was that she was different from other strangers I've met lately in that I found I already knew her story. The whole outline was there from the get-go, and that hasn't happened so naturally for me in a while. I decided what the hey, let's see what happens if I just type a few words....ya never know. At the very least, it was good exercise, and I did learn some things. She's waiting for me now, so I'll see you guys later!

No comments: