Monday, October 16, 2006

Day Three Begins

It's the beginning of day three, and wouldn't you know it, I'm already behind. Only by 200 words or so - I did force myself into this chair last night when I might otherwise have not. So it's all good.

Did have a beautiful walk with some family around the museum park in my hometown yesterday. (Ok, it's not a town, but we do have a Robin's Donuts now.) Fall colors, forest and lake trails, my little sister pushing baby asleep in the stroller, boy galloping ahead and back. I had my hands in my pockets - something I never do any more, but I wasn't holding either child or their stuff. I let myself fall behind and watched some of the people I love most walking together down the forest drive and laughing: Mom, Brother, Aunt, Uncle. I took long breaths of the dry scent of fallen leaves, and nobody was talking to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on plopping it in the chair! (I swear, that's half the battle.) I'm sure you'll catch up.

Your walk sounds heavenly! {s}