Saturday, October 14, 2006

Ready, set, GO!

I’ve begun writing. The outline is there but not really really set in stone, there are empty areas that will have to fill themselves in as I go. I waited a few days beyond the strong urge to start, to settle in my mind the opening scenes and what best to do with those. I’ve decided, and I’ve begun.

I’m about 400 words in, and feeling good. Here’s my plan, officially stated:

Write 500 words a day, or 3500 words a week if that doesn’t work. That’s an absolute minimum. If I exceed 4K in a week I get a treat – something chocolate, a bubblebath, a scented candle. Take-out. Something like that.
Follow my outline, unless I get better ideas as I go. Start at the beginning and write through – I may skip ahead and back, but the point is NO REWRITING until the sfd is done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good plan!

You can *do* this!

Cindy said...

Thanks Sara!

It feels good. I know, it's always like that at first. But I know what to expect, at least. The gnashing of teeth comes later...

(S)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, what a good plan! I especially like the reward system. Very motivating! :)

Gnashing of teeth... LOL!