Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Riding the waves

It hasn't been a big word-count day, though I confess to having had some free time. I'm blaming it on lack of sleep and a headcold, in case you're interested. (S)

The way this WIP seems to work is that I get a few scenes that pop up, and while I'm writing them, I'm surfing. Then, when they're done, there's a short lull while I wait for the next inspiration, and the next wave. Good news is that the next wave always comes, at least so far. The key is to be in the work EVERY DAY.

My goal is to reach 8000 words by the end of the month.

The weather has been unseasonably warm. Last night we left one of the living room windows open all night, and the temp was still 21 degrees C (70 or so) when I got up in the morning. Very nice, but scary in a global warming kind of way.

Welcome back to our Surrey friends!

No comments: