Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm doing it!

Got up a little earlier again today, and got something like 550 words before my littlest woke up and it was time to make muffins, get Sr. Stinkyfeet off the Wii, fed and ready for school.  I want to say to you other writers, as the wise and wonderful Vicki Pettersson once said to me: it gets easier.  You get used to it.  I wish I'd listened to her then, but I think I felt very overwhelmed at that point, and it wasn't my time. 

Now, though, I feel like it IS my time.  The kids are bigger, I can read a book after supper if I want - crazy, innit?  I can sit on the couch with a book in my hand and the children don't clamour into my lap and strangle me with their needs.  They go off together to play, learn and curse each other's eyes.  I feel a little lost, actually.  My shares have fallen in that house, and I don't quite know how to feel about that.  Sad?  Free? 

Both.  The sad is not so much use to me, but the free I'm liking.  Much better for the word count!

Anyhew.  Today is quiet, sort of, and I'm toying with the idea of trying to slip into POV and getting a new scene on to the back burner.  I really OUGHT to change the website around, though.  It's hopelessly outdated, and I've very tired of explaining that to people.  I SHOULD to reconcile my Visa.  The inner battle of good versus...better.  I let you know how it comes out...

1 comment:

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Yay for you!

I can relate to the whole free vs. sad. I rather enjoy the fact that after dinner has become "mommy time" in my house. The girls get some computer time and I get some reading time. It is wonderful ... but as with all things parenting related - it is a double edged sword.

I am very happy for you and your writing. Jealous, but the good kind:).