Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Forget everything you thought you knew about Windows

I have taken the Lord's name in vain.

It is indeed possible to delete a file off the network whilst it is in use. Or, at least, you can make its contents go 'kapoof!'. I know this, because yesterday, it happened to my accounting data file.

Yep. It did.

Sew. One emergency call to the accountant's office (thank dog we were so late getting our year end over there.) One rush courier. One very quiet nervous breakdown. A few rhetorical questions about who the heck has not been backing this shit up, because really, we both know the truth.

So, time warp back to...

June 26th.

S'Ok. I can handle that. It's just a matter of re-entering everything that's happened since then. (insert ever-so-bright smile here) I'm not so sure I can write a bestseller at the same time, but everybody's healthy, right???

Also hired a girl yesterday, I think that's going to be a good thing. I like her, she seems pretty smart, no facial piercings.

Both phone lines are ringing, and I'm starved.

No comments: