Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hijacked!

My life has run away with me.

I get up, feed kids, get them dressed, get the big one to the bus. I wash my hair, go to work, get home at 6:30. Eat a hot meal lovingly prepared by my wonderful husband. Play with kids, take a shower, preside over baths, teeth-brushing, stories, get Big One in bed. Get Little One in bed. Sit on the couch, in the general vicinity of my husband, staring at the TV screen for half an hour, go settle Little One in bed again. Brush my teeth. Kiss my husband. Go to bed, read for twenty minutes. Pass out. Wake five or six times in the night with Little One, who is teething and might have a bladder infection. Get up. Start over.

This is dreary, I know, I'm sorry. Today I'm tired, I'm drained. I miss my writing, and having contact with my writer friends. I need some exercise. I need. Some time. To write.

I've been out of touch with my WIPS for a few months now. I'm out of touch with me. I'm doing what I have to do, I don't feel like a failure this time. But geez.

Today, anything that isn't an emergency is going to wait. Anyone I don't have to talk to, I won't. I'm going to write.

I don't have any idea *what*, but I'm going to brainstorm some ideas, and see if I can't shake these blues.

2 comments:

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

How did it go? Were you able to find the time? I'm exhausted just reading about your typical day! I'm glad you're not feeling guilty about not getting writing time (because you shouldn't, with that schedule!) and I hope things settle down soon.

Good luck, Cindy!

(BTW, I love reading about the customer interactions--they are incredibly funny--but I'm so sorry you are having to deal with people like that! Yuck!)

Cindy said...

Hi Renee:
Yes, I wrote 1000 words on something new. I'm not sure if it's The One, but I'm writing, and I feel much less toxic. Whew!

I thought of you yesterday, because I sat down with a piece of paper and wrote some morning pages. It was a big help!

I'm glad you like my customer stories. These people don't always make sense to me - it helps to make jokes about it. (S) Most of them are really wonderful, of course.

I read you're on to book 2, good for you!!! I'll keep watching.