Friday, September 14, 2007

A slice.

More than my fair share of whackos this week, I must say, many of them applying for the dubious honor of occupying the chair next to mine. Too bad one can't run a help wanted ad like this:

Wanted: Somebody like me. Reasonably smart and moderately good-looking, non-smoker, must have some kind of personality and an excellent sense of humour.

Cause let's face it, that's all I really need. I can teach the rest.

From which you can go right ahead and assume that I haven't been having any luck with the hiring thing, and therefore am still missing The Beloved something awful. And my kitchen, too, I really miss cooking. I do, however, go home to a hot meal every day now, which is really nice.

Email from customer (I've omitted the screaming CAPS and added some punctuation)
My nephew's laptop doesn't work. I turn it on and the power light comes on but the screen is just black. It's only a few months old. What do you think is wrong, is it the mainboard or the hard drive?

My response(more or less):
Gorsh, I really can't tell without seeing it. Why don't you drop by and I'll take a quick look to see if I can narrow it down?

Customer:
I can't come in because I live in Alberta. I just wanted some help. I'll take it to Calgary the next time I go.

(sigh)

No comments: