Friday, January 08, 2010

Happy Freaking New Year

I should be working.

Ideally, I should be working my ass off.

Actually, I am presently on the phone informing a client that when he installed his RAM he bent pins in the socket and now it's fried. But in my heart, I am not working today.

I just am not feeling this place today, I want to write. I want to read. I want to bake. I want to sit in the rocking chair with my daughter. I want to lay on the carpet and play battleship with my son. I want to have a beer and play Wii with my husband. I do not want to calculate and reconcile the actual value of my inventory. I do not want to calculate and remit the electronic handling fees from December, or the effing HST, for that matter. I don't want to prepare any of these various files for my year end.

But even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to do any of those things. It's the blessed people. Coming in. Calling. Emailing. And always with the ever loving questions.

I could take the time right now to tell you how lucky I am, how beautiful Christmas and my baby brother's wedding was, but I'm not in the mood. So go ahead and assume all that, okay? I'm going to stomp away in a snit now and that's how it's going to be.

So there.

3 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

Hang in there Cindy! I'll bet you can use all these clients for novel fodder someday :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danica-Dragonfly said...

Aww, sweetie - feel your pain. I have been trying against all odds to get in a positive place for the new year ... all to no avail.

Left foot, right foot ... for now, at least :)