Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sleep wanted

Baby Girl's having her second good nap of the day, and I'm grateful for that. OTOH, I deserve these naps, because that little monkey got up at 4:17 am this morning. Can't really blame her, really, her big brother woke her up when he fell out of bed. Our bed.

And it's raining.

So. Twice now I've tried to drink tea out of the baby monitor, but we made a fish tank out of a Q-tip box and a shiny gift bag. The guy came to fix the sofa, and the Boy has a caterpillar building a cocoon (is that spelled right?) in the bug house that he got for his birthday. (DH caught Boy taking said caterpillar to bed, in his hand, but that's a tale for another time.)

Anyhoo. What with one thing and another, the WIP is stalling. One thing I'm having a lot of fun with is designing my own castle. (Which I get to do now, since I'm not using the real one I had in mind any more http://www.huntlycastle.co.uk/Castle.htm) Actually, it sort of popped into my head already finished, and I've been having a bit of trouble with the description (how much is too much, you know that thing...) but it's fun. I also think I have a new climax for the story, something a bit more graphic and emotional, which I think is better. (But I'm not making any big decisions until I've had more than two consecutive hours of sleep.)

Anybody tired of parenthesis? (I am.) (G)

The bottom line is I'm anxious to get back to writing, but I don't seem to have the Stuff right now, so I'm writing about writing instead.

Now I'm going to go and read about sleeping.

No comments: