Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm it!

The last time Susan tagged me, I had no idea what that meant. Now I get it, so here goes!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Eggnog. With rum and ice, please.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa wraps almost everything unless it's silly to bother. Most presents are from Mom and Dad.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Same answer as Susan: No lights on the house, but colored twinkly lights on the tree. I have fond memories of the big ones, but we use the little mini-bulbs. I miss those big bulbs.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, in the office door at work, because it's fun to see the men blush when you threaten to kiss them. They're not supposed to be peeking in the office anyway.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Second week of December. We take them down after the first week of January.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love love bread stuffing with cranberries, apples and pecans, with gravy on it. Turkey, and cranberries.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I got a pony for Christmas when I was eleven. I was both paralyzed and speechless - it's never happened since.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? It was so gradual, I don't even know when the truth finally settled in for good.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we were kids. My Auntie Marian always gave me a new nightie and a book, so I always opened hers. It was the only time I remember wearing something new that hadn't been washed yet.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights, some colored balls, some Hallmark ornaments, some homemade stuff. Gave up tinsel when the cats ate it - found it trailing out the bad end of Rudy and quit it right there. (shudder)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it until it's dirty, or until the end of February.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, at least I think I still can.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? That would be the pony. Hard to top that, really. Oh, um, I supposed I did get engaged on Christmas Eve. (G) I can't pick.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The family, the lights, the whole atmosphere. The food, being cozy inside with Christmas carols when it's cold out. The magic.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pecan pie, I think. But in our family we don't choose one dessert, my aunt makes five or six and we have some of everything. Then we lay on the floor and groan. Just kidding. We sit in chairs and groan.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Opening presents, and Christmas dinner.

17. What tops your tree? An angel, lit from within and holding two candles.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hmmm. I like silver bells the best, I think.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Meh. They're nothing to do with chocolate, after all.

Ok. passing this on to Renee, even though she's awol. And Jenny.

5 comments:

Mrs. Mitty said...

Ooh, was that pony Sylvia Dinkie? {bg} Did I mention how much I love that name?

Thanks for sharing...and the giggles. {g}

Cindy said...

Hi Mrs. Mitty:
Oh, dear Sylvia Dinkie. (When did I talk about her?) No, it wasn't her. She belonged to a lady down the street. This was Peggy. Truth be told, Peggy was middle-aged at the time, and I don't think I was her favourite person. I lost count of how many times she tipped me off in the field and went back to the barn by herself. Ornery creature, but beautiful. (G)

Thank you!

Unknown said...

I always wore the new nighties, too. And itched! I hated it, but there was no way I wasn't going to wear the jammies from the Xmas fairy!

I'm getting excited for Xmas. This was fun!

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

Whoops! Okay, I feel ditzy, because I had no clue what you meant until I checked in here.

Guess I'd better get to work on a new blog entry! ;o)

Mrs. Mitty said...

Cindy, it was from an old blog entry on my site where I told you I laughed my buns off at a neighbor girl whose pony ran off with her (cause she was scared to ride a horse). {g}

And hey, come visit my blog and see if you're game, okay? :)